- 2 pylons (3 metres apart in a linear formation – participant at one end, assessor at the other)
- 3 different size balls or objects
- Velcro glove (if available and as needed)
You may provide a demo and give the participant practice trials if they would like to try it before being assessed. Record the number of practice trials on their assessment sheet.
“I want you to catch the ball that I throw to you. You can use whichever hand you like, or both hands. I want you to catch the ball as best you can. Ready? Catch now.”
|INITIAL: Becomes acquainted with the movement task
||COMPETENT: Overall proficiency is depicted by the quality of the movement
|MERGING: Able to execute basic sequencing of the task
||PROFICIENT: Able to problem solve with present conditions
Movement Analysis Tips
- Notice whether the participant tracks the ball with their eyes throughout the entire task.
- You will also want to pay attention to how the participant receives the ball and whether they receive it with control. Do they extend their arms (or the glove) toward you as a target? Do they attempt to cradle the ball and bring it in toward their chest as they catch it?